Thursday, February 2, 2012

Where did 2011 go??

 I've been MIA on the blog front; our life took over! But, I want to back-track and talk about the Month of November:
We celebrated Thanksgiving at my Grandparents with my entire (Henry) family! They have a town home in Old Beau, NC. It was so beautiful in the mountains and the boys had a blast. We stayed with my grandparents and they rented a separate cabin for my extended family! Thompson became BFF with Jessie. He would ask for her all weekend! My grandparents hosted us to lunch at their country club and it was delicious! Thompson did well thanks to my early birthday present, the Kindle Fire. He was happy watching veggie tales! If you had asked me three years ago, if I would ever let my kid watch TV in a restaurant? I would have answered with a firm, NO! Fast forward to fine china and an all boy who isn't a fan of sitting still...Thank you, kindle (and my parents for getting it for me). Before you judge us, we don't let him watch TV every time when we go out; only at times where fine china and/or crowed country club...etc!
Anyway, I digress...we enjoyed playing cards, sitting by the fire, catching up with my brothers, and spending the day in Sparta, NC. We went back to Charlotte and celebrated Christmas since we would be in Rome and Thomas and Jessie and Trevor would be in Maryland. Jessie Thomas got me the cutest
JCREW top and Trevor got William a great MK shirt. The boys of course were spoiled with a Patagonia jacket, new video monitor, movies and toys!
We drove back to Atlanta on Saturday (our 6th wedding anniversary)! Our tradition has been to get the tree up the weekend of Thanksgiving so we put it up on Sunday. I love to have the tree up as long as possible!
Here are some pictures of our Thanksgiving Celebration:
Hunting Trip

 
 Henry Tree

 
 
 
 Thanksgiving Lunch

No comments:

Background