Thursday, August 26, 2010

Destin with Friends

Destin, FL has been my family’s vacation spot for around 18 years. I went there as a little girl and now have the joy of seeing my son and husband enjoying it. Watching the waves and the sunsets (I’m not up early enough for sunrises) reveals Jesus' creation. I love it. We are even more blessed to have a condo that my granddad lets us use. We spent a week there and Thompson had a blast. I unfortunately came down with a summer cold which turned into ear infection and sinus infection so I wasn’t exactly at my best health. We still had fun.
I was surprised to find out the Cascio’s were in Destin for the week. Kristi used to come with my family every summer. Their family means the world to us and they are Thompson’s Godparents. Thompson had a blast with Sadie and Lilly. We love yall! Julia and B Jones came and spent the week with us (Ryan came for the weekend) and William joined us for a long weekend. The McCaleb’s came up and spent an afternoon and evening with us. We had a friend jammed week and it couldn’t have been sweeter!

Unpacking with B &T
 
Date night at Bud & Alley's (Thanks Julia)

Sadie, Lilly and Thompson
23 Months:

2 comments:

Hannah Alexander said...

um.... awesome photo of you! I am totally digging the hair. I am about *this* close to cutting all mine off, too! And thompson could not be more precious. LOVE that he's a little tan man!

Ashley H. Monk said...

Thanks, Girly- I did it for locks of love! It felt awesome to cut it off and for a good cause!

Background